Applications for fall 2023 open April 11.
eLab is a credit-bearing student startup accelerator at Cornell University that launches several real businesses each year. You and your team will develop your business plan, speak with potential customers, pitch to investors, develop a minimum viable product, and prepare for launch.
- Interviews will take place during the first weeks of the fall semester and consist of a 5-minute presentation and 10-minutes of Q & A with the instructor team.
- All teams will be paired with an advisory board consisting of investors, eLab alumni, and instructors.
- Fall Semester, teams enroll in NBA 6230 – Actualizing your Startup I, a 1.5-credit course consisting of bootcamps, customer discovery report outs, mentor meetings, and a pitch event in NYC.
- In December, teams are re-evaluated on progress made throughout the fall semester and 12 teams are invited to continue into the spring semester.
- Spring Semester, teams enroll in NBA 6330 – Actualizing your Startup II, a 3-credit course consisting of weekly lectures, bootcamps, instructor office hours, mentor meetings, and pitch at Demo Day.
Competitive applicants will have completed one of the following prerequisites or positioned to complete the requirement concurrently during the fall semester:
- NBA 3000 – Designing New Ventures (undergraduate)
- NBA 5640 – Designing New Ventures (graduate)
- NBA 5070 – Entrepreneurship for Scientists and Engineers
- AEM 3249 – Entrepreneurial Marketing and Strategy
- NSF I-Corps Regional Course